Thursday, June 17, 2010

Brandon Boyd's Wild Trapeze

What's up, Blogspot? I haven't posted in ages, but I do have a good reason this time. Exactly one month ago from today, I graduated from Emerson College. Woot woot. Since then, I started a full-time job at Oldways, the non-profit where I've interned since my junior year. We do lots of healthy eating promotion and education. My job there is fun but it has nothing to do with music, so all the more reason for me to start posting here more often. But seriously, Oldways does some great stuff so check out the site (and you can read my super cool bio on the staff page now. Hell yeah!)

So I'm working 40 hours a week, commuting on the bus, and I even have a smartphone now. Yup, I'm officially an adult.

Anyway, on to the important things. The word on the street is that Brandon Boyd is releasing a solo album called "The Wild Trapeze" sometime soon. I am PSYCHED. For those of you that don't know, Brandon is the extremely talented and beautiful lead singer from the rock band Incubus. They've only been around for about a million years, so you might have heard of them before.

All that's been released right now is the song "Runaway Train." I really love it, actually. Listen to the song here:





Sorry the audio isn't the best quality, but it's the best I've found so far.

Normally, I would be very concerned about this "solo" business, even though this song sounds great. Incubus is one of my favorite bands and I would be distraught if they broke up. But they recently put out a pretty amusing video updating fans on what the guys are up to, and that quelled my fears. You can watch that here:



That's all I know right now, but I'll be sure to update when I hear more about The Wild Trapeze, Incubus or Brandon.







0 comments:

Post a Comment