Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Molly and the Zombies + The Gaslight Anthem's new album

I’ve written (er, gushed) before about my love for Brian Fallon and everything he does, (The Gaslight Anthem, The Horrible Crowes, and just generally being a great human). I can’t put my finger on exactly what it is, but there’s something about his music that makes me feel like a teenager again. The lyrics grab me and I’m back to being that 14-year-old falling in love with rock music for the first time. While I still love music dearly, it’s rare that I feel that deep-rooted passion so strongly now that I’ve reached the age of 26. (When did this happen?!?)

Luckily, Brian never seems to take a break. A couple weeks ago, fans were treated to some recordings of another side project, Molly and the Zombies. Check out the five brand new songs here. So far, my favorites are “Long Drives” and “Smoke.”

And then yesterday, the Gaslight Anthem announced that their next album, Get Hurt, will be released on August 19. They’re proclaiming that it is “completely different than anything we had ever done before.” They released a short teaser that features a spitting man and a short rockin’ sample of a new song.


OK, my appetite is whetted. Is it August 19th yet?

0 comments:

Post a Comment