Friday, August 19, 2011

Feeling summer-y thanks to Mat Kearney


I've been really digging this album suddenly. Somehow it manages to be pop, hip-hop and soft acoustic all at the same time; there's a song for my every mood.

To be honest, I know absolutely nothing about Mat Kearney. In fact, if it weren't for Spotify, I might not have even stumbled across his music. But I was listening to a friend's playlist, and one of the songs on the list was the super catchy "Ships In The Night." I fell in love right away. Seriously, I was trying so hard to keep from breaking out into a one-person dance party in the middle of my office (I compromised with some light toe-tapping).

I did get to have my real Mat Kearney dance party later on though. Today is the first day of my "summer vacation." As a full-time working girl, I haven't had more than a few days off during the holidays. So now I'm facing ten glorious days of sleeping in, enjoying the sunshine, and relaxing. So obviously my first act was to crank up the volume on this album and rock out. A perfect summer album. High five to that.

0 comments:

Post a Comment