Sunday, December 9, 2012

On the Greatness of Brian Fallon


Damn it, Brian Fallon. Quit playing with my emotions. I know I'm late to the Horrible Crowes party, but now that I've found this album, all I want to do is lie on the floor, absorbing every perfect second deep into my soul. I tried to fall asleep listening to this last night, but in the end I was up past 3 a.m. just reflecting on how beautiful these songs are.


In other Brian Fallon news, I saw his other (and better known) band, The Gaslight Anthem, at Terminal 5 last week. I feel like I've been talking about nothing besides TGA lately, but let me just say that the show was absolutely fantastic. They opened with "Mae," one of my all-time favorites, and I almost started weeping right then and there. Also, that was possibly the nicest crowd I've ever been in. It was a big community of crazed fans, all singing along together. Incredible.

Thanks for trying so hard to make me cry, buddy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment