Friday, January 18, 2013

First Favorite Songs of 2013

Well, here it is: my first post of 2013. To be honest, I can’t really think of many albums coming out this year that I’m excited about—at least not yet. That said, this week alone I have fallen in love with two new songs off of albums coming out within the next few months. So I guess I can’t complain too much.

This first is from one of my all-time favorites, The Airborne Toxic Event. I saw them yet again at Webster Hall this past Tuesday (with opener The Chevin, another favorite!) I’ve blogged about both bands a bunch, so I will save the rambling praise for another day. Let’s just say that the show was incredible as always, and I am so excited for TATE’s new album, Such Hot Blood, dropping this spring. They released an epically anthemic new single, “Timeless,” and while it’s a different sound for them, I am a big fan.



And the second song comes from Ivan & Alyosha, who I’d never heard before. They’re labelmates to The Lumineers though, and I am really diggin the folksy vibe. The new album comes out on February 26, so it looks like I may have new music to look forward to sooner than I thought.


What new music are you looking forward to this year?

1 comment:

  1. i'm stoked for The Strokes! But it looks like I'm going to have a while to wait.....

    ReplyDelete