Monday, August 5, 2013

Happy 10th anniversary to The OC


Today marks the 10th anniversary of one of my favorite guilty pleasure TV shows, The OC. I was fifteen at the time, but I was not watching the premiere back in 2003, because my family only got one TV channel at our house. But one of my best friends quickly became obsessed with the show, and I remember watching several episodes while lounging on her couch after school. I liked to think I was too cool to be into a teen soap, but Seth Cohen’s CD collection was practically identical to mine and the sense of humor won me over. Eventually, I borrowed the DVDs and binge-watched until I was all caught up. Better late than never, right?

Lots has already been written about The OC’s effect on indie and emo music. The Huffington Post created a great list of the best musical moments on the show, and Vulture has an interesting interview with creator Josh Schwartz up. So I won’t rehash what others have already said. But in honor of the show’s birthday, I created a playlist of some of my favorite songs featured on the soundtracks. Consider it my Seth Cohen starter pack.


There's also a Spotify playlist of every song featured on the show. And finally, here’s what the characters would be up to now. Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment